Call for Proposals
We are looking for speakers with proven data science expertise and a strong capability to present the latest languages, tools, and models used in Data Science and AI for business. We expect the speakers to be committed to sharing innovative ideas and contributing to the growth of open source software.
To present at ODSC India 2020, please submit your proposal before April 1st, 2020 via our public proposal submission system.
Why speak at ODSC?
- Expertise Present before a highly motivated and activated audience
- Dialogue Directly engage with a diverse data science community ranging from PhD data scientists to senior engineers, team leads, C-suite executives, and enthusiastic beginners
- Network Interact with top-level core contributors in data science as well as thought leaders and innovators
Call for Proposals Timeline
- Open Call for Proposals – Aug 10th, 2019
- Last Date to Submit Proposals – April 1st, 2020
- Acceptance Notification: May 1st, 2020
- Final Program Published: May 30th, 2020
- Talks/Case-Studies (45 minutes)
- Demos (20 or 45 minutes)
- Hands-on workshop/tutorials (45 or 90 minutes)
- Full Day Hands-on Training (8 Hours)
- We are currently only accepting 20 minute sessions
We are looking for deep technical topics related to Data Science. We are committed to diversity and believe in transparency. Hence, all proposals will be public.
Registered user of the submission system will be able to comment on your proposal. You are required to reply to those comments to provide clarifications, explain revisions and respond to questions. The program team will look at how well you’ve responded to comments and updated your proposal to incorporate public suggestions. Ultimately the decision to accept a session resides with the program team.
Your proposal stands the best chance to be selected, if it’s unique, fully flushed, ready-to-go. Please ensure you’ve read:
To encourage early submissions and iterative improvement of proposals, we start accepting proposals as soon as we find them a good fit. Since competition gets tougher with progressing time, it is advisable to avoid waiting until the last minute for proposal submission.
All conference videos will be recorded and released freely under Creative Commons (CC) License on our YouTube Channel. The speaker owns the copyrights to the videos.
Primary speakers will be compensated as follows:
|Session Duration||Speakers from India||Speakers outside India|
|45-90 minutes session||
|20 minutes session||1 Free Conference Registration||1 Free Conference Registration|
|< 20 minutes||No Compensation||No Compensation|
* This compensation is valid for primary speaker only. Co-presenters will get a complimentary conference pass when presenting a 45 mins or longer session.
Speaker pass is valid for the main conference days on Sept 11th and 12th. Sept 9th and 10th are pre/post-conference training days, which are not included in the speaker pass.
If a speaker is presenting multiple sessions, then the maximum number of complimentary room nights a speaker can avail are capped at max 3 nights.
Speakers are requested to maintain effective control on travel expenses in order to maintain the financial viability of the conference.
The conference will book your hotel stay. For flights, we request you to get your flights reviewed by our Speaker Manager, Aditi (email@example.com) before you book them.
To get your flight expenses reimbursed, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your flight tickets
- Reimbursement Invoice addressed to ConfEngine Events Pvt Ltd No.20, 12th Cross, Cubbonpet, Bengaluru – 560002
- Please include your bank details in the invoice itself
- Copy of your passport info page
We recommend all foreign delegates (speakers & participants) apply for e-Tourist Visa, three-month before your arrival in India. This is the safest, cheapest and most hassle-free visa. A casual business visit is allowed as part of an e-Tourist visa.
While filling your visa application online, please fill only mandatory fields. Skip optional fields. Also, use the following person’s details as the contact person:
Miss. Suchismita Mukherjee,
Executive – Meetings and Events,
No.1 Residency Road, Bengaluru – 560025, India
Mobile: +91 99722 73001
Citizens from other countries are required to apply for a tourist or business visa at their nearest Indian Embassy. Please request us for an invitation letter. Start your visa process at least 2 months before your departure to India.
Please do not apply for Conference Visa. This visa is only applicable for government-run conferences.